Pilates is a gentle, low impact exercise program that assists
with addressing underlying structural imbalances of the body.
Pilates will help to:
- tone and condition deeper abdominal muscles
- alleviate back and neck pain by improving body alignment
- increase strength and stamina without adding muscle bulk
- aid recovery from injury and help prevent reoccurring injuries
- assist with post operative recovery after knee/hip replacements and a range of other invasive surgery
- provide relief for symptoms from fibromyalgia, incontinence, multiple sclerosis, arthritis and cerebral palsy Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels
Why we live with pain:
Many individuals live with pain on a daily basis, suffering from conditions including: back pain; sciatica; repetitive strain injury; neck pain; shoulder injury; and knee and hip problems.
Most of these injuries are from over-used and over-stretched muscles or simply from lack of body alignment.
A regular pilates exercise program, designed specifically for the injury can help you become pain free and allow a freedom of movement you may not have experienced for years.
By stretching muscles regularly, pain is reduced and tension is released - all leading to increased strength and stamina.
Pilates is a gentle, non-aerobic exercise that will tone and strengthen your muscles without stressing your joints or heart.